About the role:
As our Hotels Assistant you will be part of our Travel Services team based in Santiago, Chile. The team is responsible for managing Austral Group’s relationships with its flight and hotel providers and coordinating all reservations and payments in this area.
As Hotels Assistant you will ensure that the administrative aspects of Austral Group’s relationships with its hotel providers are performed accurately and in a timely manner. You will ensure that all information, particularly special requests and other one-off changes, is communicated efficiently both within Austral Group and externally. You will also be a primary contact within the Travel Services team for other Austral Group departments, particularly Finance and Commercial.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Create rooming lists and update them on an ongoing basis with special requests and other changes.
- Generate Austral invitation letters and request individual visa letters from hotels.
- Share final rooming lists internally as well as with the relevant hotels.
- Confirm group arrival times and check-in arrangements.
- Keep track of payment deadlines and check for availability of funds beforehand, requesting credit where necessary.
- Request payments in a timely manner and in the appropriate form (e.g. credit card or wire transfer).
- Monitor and process refunds and ensure these are received successfully.
- Ensure final invoices are received, annotated and saved.
- Calculate expected commission rates, where relevant, and follow commission request procedures.
The following technical skills will be crucial in this role:
- Medium to advanced computer knowledge (you’ll need to learn to use our work software so an understanding of different platforms will facilitate your learning)
- English language proficiency
- Knowledge and experience in the use of administrative tools such as Excel
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Organizational capacity
We are also looking for the following soft skills:
- Communication with internal and external clients
- Capacity for teamwork
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptability in the face of changes
- Commitment to client service
Get in touch!
Please submit your CV and salary expectations via the link below. If your experience matches our needs we will be in touch to schedule an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this job position, please fill out the form below. Someone from our office will contact you.