About the role
Austral Group is looking to fill the position of SeniorAccountant/Controller with a professional and energetic person who cancontribute ideas and take on responsibilities to match our growth as theleader in educational travel. We are a unique team of professionals from allaround the world, which makes working at Austral Group a dynamic andmulticultural experience that will contribute greatly to your professionaldevelopment. As a Senior Accountant/Controller at Austral Group your responsibility will beto support the Finance Manager through company-wide oversight, direction and implementation of accounting policies and activities throughout the company. This includes formalization of policies and procedures, researching technical accounting matters and coordinating the work of external accountants in four countries and an internal shared services accounting team consisting of four professionals. The Senior Accountant requires multi-national accounting experience and strong analytical skills with a proven ability to drive accountability and results meeting deadlines.Your success will be measured in accordance with the overall success of thefinance team in reaching its goals. Attention to detail with focus on superiorclient satisfaction is essential. This position is based in Santiago, Chile.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting department including external accountants in four counties and an internal shared-services team;
- Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records and financial statements in various foreign currencies including CLP, US$, BR Realand Peruvian Sol;
- Develop, implement, control and modify record keeping and accounting systems;
- Review and approve monthly reporting from all countries and consolidate results meeting corporate deadlines;
- Coordinate and review monthly and annual tax declarations and filings in four countries;
- Coordinate and supervise document filing and archiving in each country;
- Develop methods for controlling and auditing cash use in various countries;
- Coordinate and manage Transfer Pricing audits and recommended improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
- University accounting degree (Certified Public Accountant or equivalent Chilean/LATAM “Contador Auditor” degree);
- Multi-country, multi-company work experience of at least 8 years;
- Strong level of written and verbal proficiency in both English and Spanish (ideally fully bilingual, Portuguese a plus);
- Possess strong administrative and leadership skills with an interest indeveloping talent;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on superior client satisfaction;
- Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising issues using sound professional judgment, experience and research;
- Use of business understanding to solve accounting issues;
- Possess process improvement capabilities and experience;
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude;
- Experience in the selection and implementation of accounting systems would be a plus;
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks would be a plus.
You will excel in this position if you are:
- A leader who is in constant search of improving processes and using new tools and technology;
- A highly organized and detail-oriented professional;
- A flexible and fast learner (especially with respect to technology/tools);
- An independent worker, able to multitask and work in collaboration while simultaneously managing various pressing deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this job position, please fill out the form below. Someone from our office will contact you.