The Austral Group recognizes safety and risk management as not only a fundamental duty but a key part of our value proposition. As our Risk Management
Coordinator you will coordinate our safety and risk management strategies throughout our base of clients, staff, suppliers and destinations.
You will act as principal owner of Austral Group’s safety and risk management framework (i. supplier and activity selection, ii. role clarity, iii. situation
management, and iv. insurance) and will align our company and its stakeholders around this framework while keeping our trips fun and academically fulfilling.
You will be based in Santiago, Chile and will report to our Regional Operations Manager in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Facilitate the continuing development, implementation and monitoring of risk management processes in Austral Group.
Programs and Destinations:
- Research and monitor ongoing global events and provide political, security and health risk assessments to determine impact on and recommendations for
Austral Group programs.
- Conduct risk assessments for each Austral Group trip to analyze current and/or potential risks.
- Coordinate and implement health and safety measures across all Austral Group destination countries.
- Oversee the vetting and documentation process of all transportation, accommodation, excursions and special activities (e.g. horseback riding, white
water rafting, favela tours, etc.).
- Conduct proactive evaluation of proposals for new Austral Group destinations.
- Oversee all Travel Assistance Provider services.
Planning and Reporting:
- Prepare risk management and insurance budgets.
- Deliver risk reports as necessary to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Purchase insurance and maintain records of policies and claims.
- Coordinate responses to serious incidents and crises, triage communication between clients and staff, construct back up plans, contingencies and next
steps, contact and coordinate travel assistance.
Training and Awareness:
- Build risk awareness among staff by providing support and training within the company.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and professional experience in a relevant context e.g. international travel risk analysis, international program management, crisis
- Strong subject matter knowledge pertaining to risk management
- Demonstrated experience managing shifting priorities and time-sensitive deadlines
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Tact, judgment and confident decision-making
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills including the ability to influence
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to motivate others and effectively train/teach
- Ability to travel throughout Austral Group’s current and future destinations
Get in touch
Please submit your CV and salary expectations using the form below.
If you are interested in applying for this job position, please fill out the form below. Someone from our office will contact you.