Austral Group is looking to fill the position of Logistics Coordinator for the USA with a professional and energetic person who can contribute ideas and take on responsibilities to match our growth as the leader in educational travel. We are a unique team of young professionals from all around the world, which makes working at Austral Group a dynamic and multicultural experience that will contribute greatly to your professional development.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing all logistics for itineraries in the USA and taking care of administrative tasks of the operation.
As a Logistics Coordinator at Austral Group your responsibility will be:
- the evaluation, selection and management of the relationship with
trip providers such as restaurants, ground transportation companies,
hosts/guides, and other tourism activity providers
- the continuous search for new local cultural and educational activities
- the negotiating, scheduling and coordinating payment of services
- Coordinating all on-site hotel adjustments
- being responsible for the local office administration and support
(including petty cash management, creating and printing materials,
processing payments, and purchasing office supplies)
- updating and managing information on the company systems
- occasionally managing logistics-only programs
Your success will be measured in accordance with the overall success of the trips. Attention to detail with focus on superior client satisfaction is essential.
Our US office is small and growing and successful candidates should be self-starters and self-motivated. They should also be comfortable being flexible
as candidates may need to carry out new tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate University degree
- Work experience in trip planning/administration and/or events
- Strong negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and open attitude with an eagerness to learn and contribute
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a multicultural environment a plus
- Highly responsible and trustworthy
- Good understanding of the regional business and economic environment, political activity, and educational trends preferred.
- Open to work outside office hours when necessary
This position is based in Berkeley, California. Some travel (mainly within the
US) may be involved. Some weekend work will be required when student
groups are on the ground.
Please send resume and cover letter to
If you are interested in applying for this job position, please fill out the form below. Someone from our office will contact you.