The Austral Group is looking to fill the position of Flexible Program Associate for New York City/Boston with a professional and energetic person who can
contribute ideas and take on responsibilities to match our growth as the leader in educational travel. We are a unique team of young professionals
from all around the world, which makes working at The Austral Group a dynamic and multicultural experience that will contribute greatly to your professional
As a Flexible Program Associate at The Austral Group your responsibility will be to design, plan and manage all aspects of the academic, business, cultural and logistics portions of clients’ itineraries. You will arrange company visits and presentations from high-level business executives for the MBA programs visiting the United States. You will have daily contact with business executives by telephone calls, email and face-to-face visits.You must have a firm grasp of leading companies and business leaders in New York and Boston, and be able to contact them to schedule meetings, tours, internships and consulting programs. Successful candidates must have a solid understanding of the regional business and economic environment, political activity, and educational trends. You will accompany clients to business meetings, as well as to cultural activities such as museum visits, football matches, etc.
Your success will be measured in accordance with the overall success of the trips. Attention to detail with focus on superior client satisfaction is essential. The
Flexible Program Associate will be based in New York, with occasional travel to Boston. The Flexible Program Associate will be working from home but
will be in close contact with our team in San Francisco and the head office in Chile. The Flexi position usually pays per group day/ itinerary. As
our operations in the East Coast grow there is a possibility that this position will become full-time.
● Schedule creative and academically challenging itineraries consisting of company meetings, academic
seminars and cultural/tourism visits, based on Client requests;
● Make logistical arrangements for itineraries;
● Establish and maintain relationships with businesses, universities, government agencies, language institutions, and non-profit organizations throughout the United States;
● Plan itineraries with client and commercial manager during proposal and planning stages;
● Daily contact with business executives and clients by telephone calls, email and face-to-face interaction.
● You will accompany clients to business meetings, and may be required to facilitate business discussions with University MBA students.
You will excel in this position if you are:
● A self-starting leader who enjoys entrepreneurial environments and challenges;
● Obsessively focused on operational excellence and total client satisfaction;
● Understand the business environment of New York City/Boston, are familiar with the major companies, and are able to contact and develop professional
relationships with the business executives of these organizations;
● Possess superior interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
●University degree or business related experience
●Strong aptitude in meeting planning, conference organization, public relations, or related experience, with 3-5 years of direct work experience;
●Ability to interact with senior management of international companies, and expertise in managing high-level relationships;
●Be highly organized and detail oriented;
●Possess strong negotiation skills;
●Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on superior client satisfaction;
●Strong communications and interpersonal skills, creativity, and a positive attitude;
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for this job position, please fill out the form below. Someone from our office will contact you.